An attempt to collect information about the housing project started by Information Technology Professionals working in Hinjewadi, Pune!:
"There are various hurdles in our lives,
but the biggest hurdle lies inside us
-- the hurdle to understand revolution and be part of it!" - Vinod Kamble, ITPWAP
Path Breaking Ceremony:On 20th April' 2008, IT Professionals Welfare Association Pune (ITPWAP) performed the symbolic ground breaking ceremony of their first group housing project called "IHP Sus" .
In an email informing about this "historic event" to all members Vinod Kamble, leader of the group, said:
For many of us we are consciously aware about the monetary value the project is going to add to our lives.Certainly, the ground breaking ceremony was, indeed, a path breaking historic event in Pune real estate market!
And many of us are sub-consciously aware that other than the monetary value the project has revolutionize the concept of IT Professional synergy.
For those of us in the core group its not sub-consciously but consciously the awareness is there.
The effort and energy shown by our volunteers, our core group members, (Mahavir, Birendra, Sumit, Parimal, Suresh, Priyank, Ankit, Aditya, Suraj) is commendable.
Path Not Taken:Sumit, a member of 3 failed initiative and now, core member of ITPWAP, has given inspiring details in his post, dated 08-19-2009, on Indian Real Estate Forum. He says:
Well in case of Aarohi the effort was started in Jan 2007.
It took us about 6 months to gather members and shortlist the builder.
After that we spent 3 months in getting the architectural drawings into decent shape and taking bookings for 166 specific units from members.
At this point we collected cheques of 15% payment to show commitment from members but did not hand them over to the builder.
After that the process of land accusation was initiated by the builder and getting the plans sanctioned. This was achieved in Dec 2008.
We began the construction in Jan 2009. During this time we lost about 25 bookings.
The progress has been steady and currently the third slab is being poured.
Aarohi at Sus: in the 1st week of September 2009:
Patience is the Essence of Success:In his posts on Indian Real Estate Forum, Sumit has shared valuable insights about Aarohi. He says, "We had to be patient for 2 years to see the first brick being laid." In these 2 years, he learned that:
1. Budget for time for land acquisition and verification. Don't try to cut corners in this area.
2. Budget for plan sanction delays. This alone can take up to 2-3 months. might be more.
3. It pays to invest time in detailing out architectural drawings. We went threw more than 30 iterations.
4. Getting the project sanctioned from a Bank is another time consuming thing. It took us 5 months to get Aarohi sanctioned by SBI and HDFC. This process starts after the project is sanctioned. So you need to make budget for payments to builder during this time.
5. One more thing I learn from Aarohi: All the "Luxury Amenities" Don't cost more than 300-400 Rs/sq ft for which the builders charge up to a 1000 Rs/sq.ft.
6. The salable area calculation. This is a big fraud. If we calculate the way builders in Pune calculate the salable Area the Rate the initial buyers paid in Aarohi is not 1900/sqft. It is 1650/sq.ft.
7. You can get much better quality and specs at a very reasonable rate (about 30-50% cheaper). But there are drawbacks in terms of time taken for completion (Double) and managing the whole group (I saw 3 failures before a success). Even in Aarohi we expect the construction to take anywhere between 21 to 24 months though we had planned for standard 18 months.
8. This model also has a advantage of quality control by the buyers. To give you a idea till date we have conducted more than 8 core tests, 10 ultrasonic tests. A normal commercial building also does not have such a tight quality control. You can say that members are spending about 1Cr (2% of project cost) just to ensure quality.
9. The problems we are facing is the constant monitoring of the progress, participation by the members, handling occasional payment delays by the members. Delay in contribution towards quality expenses by the members, etc.
10. Sus: the location: pros and cons:
2. Outside PMC
1. Is surrounded by hills from 3 sides so will be a bit removed from disturbance of a highway.
2. Near Lavale gaon where the Symboisis knowledge park is coming up
3. Half a km from Vidya Valley school
11. About Tirth Developers: the builder:
The assurance about completion stems from the fact that the builder own 185 Acres of land in Sus gaon and plans to develop a township there. Being a first time builder he need this project to showcase and sell his township. Also the financial soundness of the builder is assured by the fact that he is not leveraged and has not picked up any loans till date.
Aarohi at Sus: according to Tirth Developers:
Recently, Prashant Gaikwad, very senior real estate professional joined Tirth Developers as Vice President, Marketing & Business Development. He posted many comments on my blogs giving information about Aarohi. Though comments were irrelevant, i did not reject because i saw the effort was to give information about some good real estate project.
One day, Prashant called me. When he told me that Aarohi is ITPWAP project and my old client Mr. Vijay Raundal is developing it, i told him that i want to write about Aarohi. However, there was no website, but Prashant send me the available data and arranged for the site visit. Have a look at the information Prashant has provided to me:
Aarohi Project is a flagship eco friendly residential project by TEIRTH DEVELOPERS AND SUYOJIT INFRASTRUCTURE Ltd, Pune. Located in lush green foot hill vicinity of Sus, Pune. Unanimously Aarohi is the most scenic project in Pune. Better still, it is completely unpolluted.
Aarohi is located barely 15 Kms from the Deccan Gymkhana and just 20 minutes drive. The last stretch, after the turnoff from Sus village, is a one kilometer which we are developing for comfortable and smooth drive to the project.
Unique feature of the project apart from eco friendly is that the scheme of @ 300 units comprising of Flats, Row Houses, and Twin Bungalows etc. is jointly executed by group of young IT professionals and the developer from Pune.
The IT group consists of professionals from different IT companies all over the world who have formed a community. The motive of so many like minded professionals from all together different community, caste, state, cultural background is that most of the individuals are posted or are required to travel frequently out of India, and hence they want a close bonding within all the families in one project for having an assurance in ones mind that some one will always present next door for extending a caring hand to their families and friends back home in India whenever they are out of city or even out of country.
The main motive of Aarohi is to make your loved ones living in India feel that you are genuinely looked after by their neighbor 24X365 days for their big and small needs of life, be it an emergency medical care for your dear ones or just a matter of being someone’s assured physical presence. Every one now a days is very well aware that in today’s hectic world that in big cities like Mumbai and now even in Pune, hardly any one knows more about the person living next door!
Aarohi is the project in which ultra modern building and latest site design techniques are incorporated to not only improve the quality and performance of your home, but simultaneously reduce stress on the environment. Process of during construction and after construction, focus is paid to safe construction, recycling, natural preservation, and efficient home design elements.
An eco friendly home is one that is ideally constructed with a quality design, and requires minimal maintenance. The overall impact of constructing to the environment is kept minimum resulting in residents remain healthy. In our heavily populated country where the population is on rise all the time, so are the demands for houses, shopping malls, hotels, commercial complexes etc. are on the rise. Hence is the need of the hour to go GREEN in housing too.
All the civil work executed and the construction material used will be as per Indian Standards of various specifications (ISO), total structure will be earthquake resistance. Project will be equipped with fire fighting equipments, invertors, solar water heaters, piped gas, garbage chutes, waste water treatment plant, rain water harvesting, ample lighting in common areas/amenity spaces, complete campus will be either concrete or green. Club house will consist of 2 tennis courts, basketball court, badminton court, and play area for children, party garden, and multipurpose room with cards table, dining facility, private theatre, fully equipped gym, table tennis & pool tables, squash court, adequate parking space for visitors. An office & warehouse space will be provided for the society management.
On top of all this the developer will be giving 10 Shopping units Free to the society which in turn will act as a permanent revenue generation source for the society and the funds will be utilized for society maintenance! Also the IT group has formed a Committee and in turn this committee has appointed a Full Time Team of Engineers for QUALITY CONTROL who are associated with the developer in actively monitoring the day to day working of the project.
Aarohi at Sus: Amenities:1) Piped Gas for all apartments, row houses & bungalows.
2) Garbage chutes.
3) Water Treatment Plant.
4) Rain Water Harvesting.
5) Shopping Complex
6) 1 covered parking and 1 open parking for Row houses and bungalows, 1
Covered parking for all flats.
7) Play area for Children.
8) 1 passenger lift & 1 service lift.
9) Office & warehouse space for the society management.
10) Religious Hall
11) Club House with (tech specification of club amenities needs to be of good
Quality at least same as flat/row houses/bungalows)
2 Tennis court
1 Basket ball Court
1 Badminton Court
Swimming Pool for Adult & Children.
Kids sitting area
Multipurpose Room with cards Table.
Table Tennis & Pool Tables
1 Squash Court
12) Adequate no of open parking for visitors
13) Fencing for row houses and bungalows
14) Open area/garden at common places in society as well as for row houses
And bungalows to be laid with lawn
15) Play area/lawn needs to be on the same plane and should not have contour
Marketing & Business Development
8, Sneh Centre, Opp. Lalit Mahal Hotel,
Pune 411005 (Maharashtra), INDIA
Mobile : +91 90499 87234
Office : +91 20 2025 1969
E Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Story:Now, 96 IT Professionals can buy specious 2 & 3 BHK Flats at an affordable property rates in an ITPWAP's township at Sus which has all amenities!
Feel free to call me:I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so, i do not charge anything for the first 5 minutes!) Call +91 98600 44110
If you like to chat, join me, RaviKarandeekarsBlogs on Google Talk.
Yes, my email id is RaviKarandeekarsBlogs@gmail.com Feel free to write. I reply as soon as i can.
Check my Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/ravi.karandeekar
Subscribe for Free!To receive free emails or free RSS feeds, please, subscribe to Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
For my blogs on Pune real estate market news, real estate investment, advertising and other related topics, please, visit and join my Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group